Pray in faith
God’s there, listening for all who pray,
for all who pray and mean it. ~ Psalm 145:18 (MSG)
If you have faith when you pray, you will be given whatever you ask for. ~ Matthew 21:22 (CEV)
KEY IDEA:
Those who live in faith can count on receiving from God whatever they ask for.
PRAYER:
Thank you, God, for listening and responding to our prayers. I confess that I ask for a lot of stuff from you -- stuff that is not rooted in a life of faith. But I'm just wishing that you'd join me in fulfilling my wishes. Mold my faith so that I'm joining you and asking for that which you are already in the process of delivering. I'm expecting great things because you are a great God who is saving the world through your Son Christ Jesus. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)