Translate

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Peace

You burden me down with your terrible sins. But I wipe away your sins because of who I am. And so, I will forget the wrongs you have done. ~ Isaiah 43:24-25 (CEV)

You used to be far from God. Your thoughts made you his enemies, and you did evil things. But his Son became a human and died. So God made peace with you... ~ Colossians 1:21-22 (CEV)
Great and generous God, I freely confess that I sin against you in how I think, how I talk, and how I act. And no matter how good I am, there is nothing I can do to make things right. But you are kind and you have made a way for me to be your friend -- even though I don't deserve to be your friend. I can't understand how you could be so thoughtful and merciful. But it doesn't really matter if I don't fully understand. I simply receive your peace with grateful faith. Help me to enjoy an awareness of your peace today. And please help me to share that peace with other sinners. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive