Worries and Cares
The protector of Israel
never dozes or sleeps. ~ Psalm 121:4 (GNT)
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. ~ 1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)
KEY IDEA:
Rely on God to take care of the problems.
PRAYER:
Thank you, Lord, for staying awake. I know that I need to trust you with all the problems. However, I like to hold onto them and find solutions on my own. That doesn't work out so well. Help me to get my strategy straight. I'm going to give all my worries and cares to you, for I know that you care about me. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)