Lost and Found
Common people are as worthless as a puff of wind,
and the powerful are not what they appear to be.
If you weigh them on the scales,
together they are lighter than a breath of air. ~ Psalm 62:9 (NLT)
The Son of Man came to look for and to save people who are lost. ~ Luke 19:10 (CEV)
KEY IDEA:
Jesus is seeking lost and "worthless" people to give them lives of significance in his kingdom.
PRAYER:
Lord, I'm amazed that you'd build your kingdom using the lost and "worthless." Thank you for including me. I am such a person. I know that I'm important to you but I feel insignificant and worth no more that a breath of air. Forgive me for thinking that way. And help me to accept your attention as an affirmation of your desire and willingness to improve my life. I'm going to live as a person found by Jesus. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)