The Spirit and salvation
When I pour my Spirit upon the house of Israel, I won’t hide my face from them again. This is what the Lord God says. ~ Ezekiel 39:29 (CEB)
Christ also brought you the truth, which is the good news about how you can be saved. You put your faith in Christ and were given the promised Holy Spirit to show that you belong to God. ~ Ephesians 1:13 (CEV)
KEY IDEA:
The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives shows that we are his people.
PRAYER:
Lord, thank you for saving me. And thank you for sending your Holy Spirit to live in me. You did this even though my faith is still weak and needs to grow stronger. So I am asking that your Spirit would continue to grow my faith. I want my life to more closely resemble who I am in Christ Jesus the Savior -- a saved person. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)