Sing
Lent
I have complete confidence, O God!
I will sing and praise you!
Wake up, my soul! ~ Psalm 108:1 (GNT)
Are you hurting? Pray. Do you feel great? Sing. ~ James 5:13 (MSG)
KEY IDEA:
Take every opportunity you have to sing praise to God.
PRAYER:
Lord God, I'm grateful that you give me so much about which to be thankful. Yet, I remain unmoved.
I don't sing your praises very freely. It's only when you rescue me from something really bad that I get cranked up.
Give me, please, a song to sing and freedom to since it. I'm going to sing more. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)