Translate

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Never abandoned

ASCENSION DAY

The Lord will continue to guide you without interruption. He will provide what you need to survive, even when you are wandering through the dryest desert. ~ Isaiah 58:11a (ABP)


Jesus says: "I won’t leave you like orphans. I will come back to you." ~ John 14:18 (CEV)

KEY IDEA:
Even though we aren't always aware of God's presence, he's there and guiding is along the way.
PRAYER:
There is no end to the stories, God, of how you stick close to your people -- how you lead and guide them -- even during difficult times. But for some reason, your people fail to recognize and trust you. I admit that I'm such a person at times. I don't know why it is so easy to think that I'm on my own and that I have to come up with solutions. Maybe it's really about my ego. Whatever the reason, I need your help to stop pretending that it all rests on my shoulders. I'm going to open my eyes to your presence and trust your guidance. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive