Trustworthy
My God... You do such wonderful things!
You planned them long ago,
and now you have accomplished them. ~ Isaiah 25:1b (NLT)
We must hold tightly to the hope that we say is ours. After all, we can trust the one who made the agreement with us. ~ Hebrews 10:23 (CEV)
KEY IDEA:
God is trustworthy.
PRAYER:
My God, I'm thankful that you are so trustworthy. You never forget a promise. I sometimes get anxious about the way things are going. But that's not your fault. It is because I'm not as trusting as I should be. Continue to build my trust so that as I mature I will be better able to lean on you. I'm going to be a witness of your faithfulness. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)