Share
... share your food with hungry people. ~ Isaiah 58:7 (ABP / part)
The kind of sacrifice that makes God happy involves diligently sharing what you have with those in need. This is how you do good. ~ Hebrews 13:16 (ABP)
KEY IDEA:
Share what you have with those in need and you will be doing the will of God.
PRAYER:
Thank you, God, for sharing your love with us. We are especially thankful for the gift of your Son Christ Jesus, whom you sent to us as both Savior and Life Director. I wish that I could share as freely as you but I worry too much about what that would do to me. Of course, I frame my reservation in terms of being responsible. Assist me in breaking loose of my distrust and stinginess. I 'm going to become recklessly generous - like you. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)