New living
Change your ways, and live! ~ Ezekiel 18:32b (CEB)
Put on justice and genuine holiness, as though they were a fresh new set of clothes. This attire is the appropriate uniform issued to you when through Christ you became a new person created according to the specs of Gods' image. ~ Ephesians 4:24 (ABP)
KEY IDEA:
Living the new life means living in a new and different way.
PRAYER:
Thank you, God, for including me in your new creation. I am delighted to be a "new person." I confess, though, that I am still attached to some of my old clothes. Even though they don't fit well anymore I still try to wear them. Help me to become comfortable in my new better fitting clothes. I'm eager to look like the person that Christ has created me to be. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)