Celebrate!
I’m celebrating your rescue. ~ Psalm 13:5 (MSG)
If you are having trouble, you should pray. And if you are feeling good, you should sing praises. ~ James 5:13 (CEV)
KEY IDEA:
When things are going well it is important to celebrate with praise for God.
PRAYER:
Lord, I am praising you today because so many things are going well. Forgive me for holding back my praise and thanksgiving because I tend to focus on the things which are not going right. Help me to refocus so that you always receive the praise to which you are due. I'm going to celebrate your rescue. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)