Translate

Sunday, March 24, 2019

God's ways

Your people say, ‘The Lord's ways are not fair. He's not treating us right.’ But the fact is that it's YOUR ways that are unfair and you are the ones abusing the Lord! ~ Ezekiel 33:17 (ABP)

Jesus says: ‘If you really love me you will do what I say to do.’ ~ John 14:15 (ABP)

KEY IDEA:
Those who love the Lord will prioritize Jesus' agenda over their own -- even when they feel that their own way makes more sense.
PRAYER:
Lord, I've got a lot that I want to accomplish in life and I can't seem to get on top of it all. I was hoping that you could help me meet my goals. Instead, I am learning that you have a completely different agenda for me. So, not only am I not meeting my goals but I am having to learn your goals -- and your counterintuitive way of meeting them. Help me to come to grips with my disappointment and as I mature to embrace YOUR agenda and methods. As I grow it is becoming clearer that your ways are actually the preferred ways. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive