Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

God's plan

But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken. ~ Psalm 33:11 (CEB)

Paul said: "And now I entrust you to God and the message of his grace that is able to build you up and give you an inheritance with all those he has set apart for himself." ~ Acts 20:32 (NLT)

KEY IDEA:
God's plan to conquer the world with grace remains unchanged.
PRAYER:
Kind Lord, I know that you care about me and that you sent Christ into the world to do what I couldn't do. I'm grateful for your plan to change me and the rest of the world this way. But I have plans of my own and I end up holding myself and others to standards that I've created to further my own kingdom. Refresh your message of grace in my life so that I can let go of my own less than developed plans. I want to become a living model and messenger of your gracious plan. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive