Translate

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Hold your tongue back

I told myself, “I’ll be careful not to sin by what I say, and I’ll muzzle my mouth when evil people are near.” ~ Psalm 39:1 (CEV)

My dear friends, you should be quick to listen and slow to speak or to get angry. ~ James 1:19 (CEV)

KEY IDEA:
Filter what comes from your mouth or you'll get sucked into a trap.
PRAYER:
Lord, thank you for giving me a good mind which I use to formulate opinions. But I need some wisdom from you because I too frequently get sucked into sharing my opinion when it would be better to stay quiet. I'm going to keep my mouth shut and let the fools trip over their words. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive