Look to Jesus for wisdom
This also comes from the Lord of heavenly forces,
who gives wondrous counsel and increases wisdom. ~ Isaiah 28:29 (CEB)
Jesus replied, "You surely know that the Scriptures say, 'The stone that the builders
tossed aside
is now the most important
stone of all...'" ~ Matthew 21:42 (CEV)
KEY IDEA:
Even though Jesus has been rejected, look to him for the kind of wisdom that changes everything.
PRAYER:
Gracious God, thank you for sending Jesus to reveal your wisdom to us. I want to acknowledge that though I trust him a lot there are still things about his wisdom which seem too hard. In that sense I'm like the builders who have rejected the cornerstone. Renew my heart and perspective so that I can fully embrace the wisdom of my Savior. I'm going to go deeper. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)