Promises, promises...
They will come and
unite with the Lord,
in an everlasting covenant
that will never be forgotten. ~ Jeremiah 50:5 (CEB)
Simon Peter replied, "Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life." ~ John 6.68 (NLT)
KEY IDEA:
Stay connected with Christ so you can experience real life.
PRAYER:
Lord, your promises are eternal. You don't change your mind and cancel. I'm grateful because I have found that people are not very good at keeping promises. Even I, in spite of good intentions, can't always do what I say I'll do. I let down others, you, and even myself. Continue to draw me to yourself with your faithfulness so that I can experience the real life that you promise. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)