Stay with God
I call out to High God,
the God who holds me together. ~ Psalm 57:2 (MSG)
Stay with it to the end. You won’t be sorry; you’ll be saved. ~ Mark 13:13b (MSG)
KEY THOUGHT:
It pays to stay with God.
PRAYER:
Most High God, thank you for keeping my life from falling a part. I confess to indulging in discouragement. It's so disheartening to see evil thriving -- to see bad people in power -- to see vulnerable people hurt. Hold me together so that I can turn from sorriness to joyful salvation. I pray in the name of our Savior Jesus. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)