Turning
Yes, I confess my wrongdoing;
I’m worried about my sin. ~ Psalm 38:18 (CEB)
Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain. But those who let distress drive them away from God are full of regrets, end up on a deathbed of regrets. ~ 2 Corinthians 7:10 (MSG)
KEY THOUGHT:
When we distance ourselves from the wrongdoing that has shown up in our lives we are back on the road to salvation.
PRAYER:
Thank you, Lord God, for working out salvation for us so we can turn and follow you. I confess that I am stuck on some sins in my life -- things which I can't shake. And in saying that, I am acknowledging that I do wrong and that I need help in making things right. I can't do it but I know that you can; and I am going to turn and trust you. I pray in the name of our Savior Christ Jesus. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)