Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Care for one another

Pentecost

Doom to those who acquire house after house, who annex field to field until there is no more space left and only you live alone in the land. ~ Isaiah 5:8 (CEB)

We were all baptized by one Spirit into one body, whether Jew or Greek, or slave or free, and we all were given one Spirit to drink. ~ 1 Corinthians 12:13 (CEB)

SUMMARY SENTENCE
Instead of taking advantage of our neighbors the right thing is look out for each other -- even those who are different from us.
PRAYER
Father God, when Jesus came into the world to be our neighbor he set aside the advantages of his status and power. Thank you for honoring him. I confess that I am slow to give up privileges in order to better others. I shrewdly seek my own advantage whenever I can. Yet, I know that I need to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Holy Spirit, change me, please. I want to be a part of the radical care movement associated with your kingdom. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive