Translate

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Talk it out with God

My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.” And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.” ~ Psalm 27:8 (NLT)

Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and requests to God. ~ Philippians 4:6 (CEV)

SUMMARY SENTENCE
Talk it out with God.
PRAYER
Thank you, God, for being a friend with whom I can talk about anything. I don't take full advantage of that gift. And I allow myself the luxury of unnecessary worry. It makes me feel like I'm in control when things feel so out of control. Help me to talk out even the worrisome things with you. I am so thankful that I have you in my life. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive