DEUTERONOMY 4:2 (NLT)
Do not add to or subtract from these commands I am giving you. Just obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you.
1 JOHN 2:7 (CEV)
My dear friends, I am not writing to give you a new commandment. It is the same one that you were first given, and it is the message you heard.
SUMMARY SENTENCE
Stick with God's commandments and you'll do alright.
PRAYER
God, we are grateful that you have given to us instructions for living right. We don't have to make it up as we go. Although, I confess that at times I'm all about making things up as I establish my own course. Continue to remind me of your expectations -- especially when I get distracted from them. I'm not going to get discouraged by my failure but I'm going to keep the goal in sight and trust you to work things out. Amen.
Since 2006, I've been modeling one way of using the MORAVIAN DAILY TEXTS* to maintain a daily conversation with God.
– Brad Boydston
How this works
Translate
DAILYTEXTS.ORG
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)
NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)
TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)
ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)
EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)
GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)
ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)
EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)
GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)
TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)