Translate

Friday, October 16, 2020

GOD ON DUTY

PSALM 121:4 (MSG)
Your Guardian God won’t fall asleep.
Not on your life!
Israel’s Guardian will never doze or sleep.


1 CORINTHIANS 1:8 (MSG)
God himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus.

SUMMARY SENTENCE
God is always on duty guarding his people.

PRAYER
Thank you, God, for watching over us. I can easily think of many times when I've experienced your protection. And I'm sure that there are countless times of which I've been unaware. Forgive me for stressing out over my circumstances -- for forgetting that you're right here walking me through the warzone. Keep me calm and steady until I reach my final destination. I'm going to step with confidence. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive