Translate

Friday, October 23, 2020

LASTING

ISAIAH 55:3 (MSG)
I’m making a lasting covenant commitment with you, the same that I made with David: sure, solid, enduring love.

HEBREWS 13:20-21 (MSG)
May God, who puts all things together,
     makes all things whole,
Who made a lasting mark through the sacrifice of Jesus,
      the sacrifice of blood that sealed the eternal covenant,
Who led Jesus, our Great Shepherd,
      up and alive from the dead,
Now put you together, provide you
      with everything you need to please him,
Make us into what gives him most pleasure,
      by means of the sacrifice of Jesus, the Messiah.


SUMMARY SENTENCE
What God does has a lasting quality to it.

PRAYER
Lord God, today I am so pleased that you keep your word. It lasts without expiration -- forever. I confess that so much of what I put my energy into is for short-term pleasure and satisfaction. Yet, you call us to live eternal lives. Realign my focus so that the eternal seeps into every aspect of my life. I'm going to live for your pleasure and satisfaction. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive