Translate

Saturday, March 27, 2021

LIVE GRATEFULLY

DEUTERONOMY 8:12, 14 (CEB)
When you eat, get full, build nice houses, and settle down... don’t become arrogant, forgetting the LORD your God.

1 THESSALONIANS 5:18 (CEB)
Give thanks in every situation because this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

SUMMARY SENTENCE
Replace complacency with thankfulness.

PRAYER
Generous God, I'm grateful for all that you have provided for me. I know that I'm not very good at expressing my gratitude. I get so comfortable with all that I have that I lose track. Sometimes I become occupied with trying to squeeze more out of my life. Rekindle the gratitude so that it is an ongoing part of my life -- the life that grows out of my connection with Christ. I'm going to live gratefully. Amen.


DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive