Translate

Friday, March 19, 2021

PRACTICAL FAITH

LEVITICUS 20:8 (NLT)
Keep all my decrees by putting them into practice, for I am the LORD who makes you holy.

MATTHEW 7:24 (CEB)
Jesus said, "Everybody who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise builder who built a house on bedrock."

SUMMARY SENTENCE
The person who puts God's instructions into practice is the the person on solid ground.

PRAYER
Thank you, God, for giving us enough instruction to live solid and meaningful lives. I confess that I give a lot of lip service to your directions without nearly so much actual practice. I'm more talk than do. Show me where I need to start doing -- the instructions that I need to put into practice. I'm going to build my house on solid rock. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive