Maundy Thursday
JOB 33:13-14 (CEV)
So why do you challenge God to answer you? God speaks in different ways, and we don’t always recognize his voice.
JOHN 18:20-21 (CEV)
But Jesus told him, “I have spoken freely in front of everyone. And I have always taught in our meeting places and in the temple, where all of our people come together. I have not said anything in secret. Why are you questioning me? Why don’t you ask the people who heard me? They know what I have said.”
SUMMARY SENTENCE
Don't expect answers if the only thing you want to do is argue with God.
PRAYER
All-knowing God, thank you for revealing the truth which is embodied in Jesus. I'm sorry for my demanding attitude and the ways that I angle for the answers that I want to hear. Help me to accept that my capacity is limited and that my wisdom to handle the full picture is non-existent. As I struggle fill me with your guiding Holy Spirit. I'm going to trust that you know what you're doing. Amen.
Since 2006, I've been modeling one way of using the MORAVIAN DAILY TEXTS* to maintain a daily conversation with God.
– Brad Boydston
How this works
Translate
DAILYTEXTS.ORG
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)
NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)
TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)
ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)
EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)
GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)
ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)
EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)
GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)
TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)