PSALM 118:17 (MSG)
I didn’t die. I lived!
And now I’m telling the world what GOD did.
GALATIANS 2:20 (MSG)
My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
SUMMARY SENTENCE
I live because of what God does.
PRAYER
It's a relief, God, to know that my life doesn't hinge on how well I perform. I can't keep it up. Forgive me for pretending that I can. Help me to embrace the life of Christ in such a way that I'm allowing his life to bubble up through mine. I am alive because I'm connected to your life. Amen.
Since 2006, I've been modeling one way of using the MORAVIAN DAILY TEXTS* to maintain a daily conversation with God.
– Brad Boydston
How this works
Translate
DAILYTEXTS.ORG
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)
NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)
TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)
ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)
EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)
GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)
ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)
EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)
GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)
TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)