Translate

Monday, September 27, 2021

THE PAIN

PSALM 119:67 (MSG)
Before I learned to answer you, I wandered all over the place,
but now I’m in step with your Word.


2 CORINTHIANS 7:10 (MSG)
Distress that drives us to God does that. It turns us around. It gets us back in the way of salvation. We never regret that kind of pain.

SUMMARY SENTENCE
If the pain gets us back on the right path it's all worth it.

PRAYER
God, I am amazed at the way that you have carried me through the pain and disappointment that I've experienced. Forgive me for thinking that it has been a waste. Draw me close to yourself and show me how you are using the grief to bring maturity into my life. I'm going to allow the negative things to impact me positively. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive