READY
JOEL 2:11-12 (CEB)
The day of the Lord is great;
it stirs up great fear—who can endure it?
Yet even now, says the Lord,
return to me with all your hearts...
LUKE 12:36 (MSG)
Be like house servants waiting for their master to come back...
SUMMARY SENTENCE
Stay alert and ready for the return of Christ.
PRAYER
Thank you, God, for the promise of your return to set things straight. I confess that I could be the one needing to be straightened out. So, I am looking for your help in turning things around. I want to be ready and in good standing with you when that happens. I pray this in the name of Christ Jesus, Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)