Translate

Sunday, December 5, 2021

THE WAY

PSALM 86:11 (NLT)
Teach me your ways, O LORD,
that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
so that I may honor you.


JOHN 14:6 (MSG)
Jesus said, "I am the Road, also the Truth, also the Life. No one gets to the Father apart from me."

SUMMARY SENTENCE
Jesus is the way to God.

PRAYER
Thank you, God, for teaching us the truth. You could have left us in the dark but you didn't. You share and make your truth, indeed, yourself, accessible. How is it that I'm so inclined to attempt travel while ignoring directions? Grant me purity of heart so that I may honor you while living according to your truth. I'm going to move forward as an enlightened traveler. Amen.





DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive