Translate

Monday, August 1, 2022

PEACE

ISAIAH 57:19 (CEV)
No matter where you are,
   I, the LORD will heal you
and give you peace.


ROMANS 15:33 (CEV)
I pray that God, who gives peace, will be with all of you. Amen.

SUMMARY SENTENCE
God is giving his peace to those who will accept it.

PRAYER
Thank you, God, for sharing your peace with a chaotic world through your Son Christ Jesus. I confess that I dabble in anxiety as I try to control the uncontrollable. Save me from my enemies and from the fear of enemies -- real and imagined. Fill my life with your peace so that it oozes out of my pores and onto everyone with whom I have contact. Your peace makes all the difference. I want to see it advance. Amen.

THE LORD’S PRAYER
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name; your Kingdom come; your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us. Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive