Rejoice with Jerusalem; be glad for her,
all you that love this city!
Rejoice with her now,
all you that have mourned for her!
LUKE 19:37 (GNT)
When he came near Jerusalem, at the place where the road went down the Mount of Olives, the large crowd of his disciples began to thank God and praise him in loud voices for all the great things that they had seen...
THE ESSENCE
God is the source of joy.
DAILY FODDER
Some people are so intensely serious about their faith that they look down on any faith expressions that are not intense and serious. It is interesting at how often God's activity recorded in the Bible is accompanied by a joyous response.
PRAYER
Glorious God, I'm so thankful that you're not a sourpuss. The joy that flows from you is contagious — although, I confess, that sometimes I feel like I've been vacinated against an outbreak of joy. Help me to not take my self or my circumstances so seriously that I miss the exit to Joy Road. I want to honor you with the kind of joy that mirrors who you are. Amen.
Our Father in Heaven,
we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
so that everything that happens here will align
with what is happening in heaven.
and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil. Amen.