Therefore, the LORD of heavenly forces proclaims:
I’m going to refine and test them,
for what else can I do with my people?
LUKE 22:40 (CEB)
When he arrived, he said to them, “Pray that you won’t give in to temptation.”
THE ESSENCE
God cares so much for us that he allows us to endure testing so we can mature.
DAILY FODDER
What kinds of trials and temptations are you facing these days? If you can't think of one, you're missing something. Think harder.
PRAYER
Holy Father, through challenges and trials you purify and test me. When troubles come, often I whine. Instead of complaints, fill me with your peace that passes all understanding. Protect me from evil and the evil one. Help me to recognize your purpose and prodding in all situations. Grant supernatural wisdom for what I need to say and do. Amen. (Daily Texts, Ground Up Grace edition)
Our Father in Heaven,
we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
so that everything that happens here will align
with what is happening in heaven.
and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil. Amen.