My people will have so much that they can throw a big party!
PHILIPPIANS 4:19 (ABP)
God will open his glorious treasure room to you so that through Christ Jesus all your needs will be met.
THE ESSENCE
God is committed to meeting all our needs, and he has the resources to do so.
DAILY FODDER
When we start to worry about having enough, it's helpful to use the imagery of Philippians 4:19 to calm down. Picture God's treasure room. Christ is your guide into the room. What's in there? Why does he want to share it with you?
PRAYER
Generous God, once again I'm reminded that there is no end to your resources. Thank you for being our patron. I confess that I get uneasy when I can't see how you're going to make the transfer from your vault into my life. Help me to trust that Christ Jesus is already in the process of making it happen in his way and according to his wise timing. I've seen what he can do, and I'm going to continue to trust him for everything. Amen.
Our Father in Heaven,
we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
so that everything that happens here will align
with what is happening in heaven.
and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil. Amen.