Get me out of this prison
so I can give thanks to your name.
Then the righteous will gather all around me
because of your good deeds to me.
ACTS 12:5 (CEB)
While Peter was held in prison, the church offered earnest prayer to God for him.
THE ESSENCE
Look to God for release.
DAILY FODDER
What is the desperate siuation you're facing today? How does the Bible offer hope for such moments?
PRAYER
Merciful God, I'm grateful that you have the wisdom and power to intervene on my behalf when it makes sense in your loving scheme. Even when you don't act in the way I want, I am confident that you want the best for me and your church, and act accordingly. Help me to turn with earnestness to you whenever I encounter a desperate situation. I know that Jesus is the great liberator. He's already established that. Amen.
THE LORD’S PRAYER (ABP)
Our Father in Heaven,
we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
so that everything that happens here will align
with what is happening in heaven.
Our Father in Heaven,
we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
so that everything that happens here will align
with what is happening in heaven.
Give us enough food for today.
Forgive us our wrongdoing,
and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil. Amen.
and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil. Amen.