NEHEMIAH 9:5 (MSG)
On your feet! Bless GOD, your God, for ever and ever! Blessed be your glorious name, exalted above all blessing and praise!
1 CORINTHIANS 10:31 (GNT)
Well, whatever you do, whether you eat or drink, do it all for God's glory.
THE ESSENCE
Your fulltime mission in life is to do everything in such a way that it honors God.
DAILY FODDER
How much effort does it take to do everything in such a way that it brings honor to God? Does it ever become second nature? How does one go about training for this mission?
PRAYER
Lord of abundance, my life has been filled with so many opportunities that I exhaust myself trying to keep up. I regret that I no longer live to your glory but to my own satisfaction. Turn me around to be a blessing. In thanksgiving, I offer my glory and praise to you in each moment of my day. Amen. (Daily Texts, Ground Up Grace edition)
Our Father in Heaven,
we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
so that everything that happens here will align
with what is happening in heaven.
and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil. Amen.