Translate

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Appreciate God's kindness and generosity

The Lord says: I will take pleasure in doing good things for them... ~ Jeremiah 32:41a (GNT)

Jesus says: I am the gate. All who come in through me will be saved. Through me they will come and go and find pasture. ~ John 10:9 (CEV)

KEY IDEA:
The Lord loves to do good things for his people -- those who find him through Jesus.
PRAYER:
Lord, thank you for your kindness and generosity. I don't give you enough credit for what you do. I think up ways to try to get you to do more for me. But you are already doing it all. Help me to see and appreciate all that you are doing for me. I know that my capabilities to see and understand are limited, but I am going to be happy knowing that you are kind and generous. Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive