The Spirit
THE 4th SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
My spirit stands in your midst. Don’t fear. ~ Haggai 2:5b (CEB)
This hope doesn’t put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us. ~ Romans 5:5 (CEB)
KEY IDEA:
God has sent his Spirit to live among us, therefore...
PRAYER:
I'm so grateful, God, that you have not abandoned me. I can sense that your Spirit is here and at work. That is true at least some of the time. And when I read your promises in scripture, I feel confident most of the time. Help me to let down my guard enough to see him the rest of the time. I'm going to live without fear. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)