God's agenda
Do not test the Lord your God... ~ Deuteronomy 6:16 (NCV)
Bring in your kingdom so that your will is done on earth as it’s done in heaven. ~ Matthew 6:10 (NCV)
KEY IDEA:
If you want the good life just do what God says to do.
PRAYER:
Dear God, thank you for including me. I, however, don't always include you as I am planning my life. I make everything I can line up with my own personal agenda -- my kingdom. Help me to learn how to take you and your agenda seriously. I want to change so that I am 100% about you and your agenda. Amen.
TRANSLATIONS
ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon
CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)
CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)
MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)
NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)
NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)
NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)
NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.) NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)
REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press) TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)