Translate

Monday, October 5, 2026

YOUR VOICE IS WELCOME

GENESIS 18:27 (TCEB)
   Abraham said, "Since I’ve had the chutzpah to speak up before the Lord, even though I’m not worthy of being heard, allow me to ask this."

MATTHEW 15:27-28 (MSG)
   She was quick: "You’re right, Master, but beggar dogs do get scraps from the master’s table."
   Jesus gave in. "Oh, woman, your faith is something else. What you want is what you get!" 
  Right then her daughter became well.

THE ESSENCE
In God's world the "unworthy" are allowed voice.

DAILY FODDER
How much bolder would you be every day if you knew that your voice would be received? Which issues in life would you tackle? What’s stopping you from talking about these things with God?  

PRAYER
Lord, I'm grateful that you're interested in what I have to say. Forgive me for holding back. I know that I often don't know what I'm talking about but you welcome me into the conversation anyway. I trust that my place at your table, a gift from you, will change how I see things and who I am. You graciously save me from embarrassment. Amen.

THE LORD’S PRAYER (ABP)
Our Father in Heaven,
     we hold your name in the highest regard.
Please come and establish your reign here on earth
     so that everything that happens here will align
     with what is happening in heaven.
Give us enough food for today.
Forgive us our wrongdoing,
     and we’ll forgive those who have wronged us.
Shield us from the trials and temptations that come our way.
Lastly, we pray that you will protect us from all forms of evil.
Amen.

DAILYTEXTS.ORG

TRANSLATIONS

ABP = Authorized Boydston Paraphrase — my own freestyle biblical adaptation — somewhere between paraphrase, commentary, and sermon

CEB = Common English Bible (©2011, the Common English Bible)

CEV = Contemporary English Version (©1995, American Bible Society)

EEB = EasyEnglish Bible (©2015, MissionAssist)

ERV = Easy-To-Read Version (©2006, World Bible Translation Center)

EXB = The Expanded Bible (©2011, Thomas Nelson Publishing)

GNT = Good News Translation (©1992, American Bible Society)

MSG = The Message (©1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson)

NCB = New Catholic Bible (©2019 by Catholic Book Publishing Corp.)

NCV = New Century Version (©2005, Thomas Nelson Inc)

NIRV = New International Reader's Version (©1996, 1998, Biblica)

NIV = New International Version (©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011, Biblica)

NLT = New Living Translation (©1996, 2004, 2007, 2013, Tyndale House Foundation)

NRSVue = New Revised Standard Version Updated Edition (© 2021 the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.)

NTE = New Testament for Everyone (©2011 Nicolas Thomas Wright.)

REB = Revised English Bible (© 1989 Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press)

TCEB = The Casual English Bible (© Stephen M. Miller)

Blog Archive